SASSCAL Data Portal
The SASSCAL Data Portal is a web-based data management and dissemination platform that is being developed within the research project
'Southern African Science Service Centre for Climate Change and Adaptive Land Management' (SASSCAL) link for general information about the project.
This tutorial aims at giving SASSCAL Data Portal users an overview of general features and describes how to use them in a step-by-step fashion.
In order to access and use the SASSCAL Data Portal, only a web browser is needed. SASSCAL Data Portal was primarily tested using recent versions of the Firefox (version 60), Microsoft Internet Explorer (version 9), and Google Chrome (version 67) web browsers. As some of the user interfaces are best displayed on screens with resolutions of 1200x800 pixels and above, web browsers running on smartphones might not be suited.
This tutorial is divided into the following parts covering different functionalities and components:
- Getting Started: Menu Structure, Login Procedure and User Account Settings
- Common Functions:
- Additional Information about Datasets:
- Persons and Organizations
- Area of Interest
- Biodiversity [Observatory, Plot, Plant species]
- Soil [Horizon]
- Station [River System]
- Time Series Data
- Space Time Data
- Geo Data
- Document: Literature (publications, presentations, etc.)
- Other Data: Further data and observations
- Processing Tools: SASSCAL Data Sources and Processing Software