ILMSinfo / RBIS: Import of geodata
Import or Upload?
The recommended procedure - import or upload - depends on the file size, type and content:
- small size (< 5MB), relevant and displayable information (e.g. boundaries, infrastructure, result data, ...) -> Import
- big size (> 5Mb), for presenting not relevant or not displayable in the web -> Upload
geo-referenced JPEG or TIFF:
- small size (< 1MB), displayable in the web -> Import
- big size (> 1MB), non-displayable (mostly in case of TIFF-files) -> Upload
- relevant information for presentation (e.g. landuse, elevation, ...) should be imported as geo-referenced JPEG and the raw data uploaded as file
- big datasets (e.g. satellite images) -> Upload
Independent of the import way it is very useful to add an image as preview (e.g. map, ...).